Cats/cat fighting

Question
one of our cats got outside and when she came back in the other 2 keep attacking her. They continue to attack her on sight, after 2 months of it happening and she hasn't been out again. Do you know why they do this or what could be done to stop it or help? Also all three cats are female and have gotten alone fine before the one cat got outside

Answer
Hi
well often aggression is caused by fear in cats so your other cats may have built upm a fear towards your other cat after her trip out when she may have smelt differently. Now after all this time it is a built up fear.

Unfortunately after two months the problem will be much harder to deal with and can take much longer, so you will have to be patient.

The best way to try and reduce the fear and to build confidence again is using the introduction methos descrobed here

/introducing-cats.html

best wishes kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth