Cats/cat fighting

one of our cats got outside and when she came back in the other 2 keep attacking her. They continue to attack her on sight, after 2 months of it happening and she hasn't been out again. Do you know why they do this or what could be done to stop it or help? Also all three cats are female and have gotten alone fine before the one cat got outside

well often aggression is caused by fear in cats so your other cats may have built upm a fear towards your other cat after her trip out when she may have smelt differently. Now after all this time it is a built up fear.

Unfortunately after two months the problem will be much harder to deal with and can take much longer, so you will have to be patient.

The best way to try and reduce the fear and to build confidence again is using the introduction methos descrobed here

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.