Cats/cats tongue

my cat came back home after a day outside and he was eating normally. the next day when i woke up i found him eying his food. he would lean into the bowl but would not eat it. then i noticed a lot of saliva on his mouth and a little blood. i checked his mouth and on his tongue i say three sores or bumps. he did eat some of the soft cat food i gave him but would not eat the dry food.

you must take your cat to the vets as soon as possible it sounds to me like he has eaten something which has either stung him or poisoned him. he really does need some medical attention.

i hope he is Ok

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.