Cats/fighting cats

we have two sibling cats male%26female both fixed. They are a year and a half old. We took the male to the vet because he swallowed a ribbon. When we came back from the vet the female cat would growl and hiss which would escalate to a fight. I gave the cat a bath to eliminate bestiary scent;also massaged cat with our personal face cream.Problem still exists. What to do?

don't worry this is a common issue and is known as aggression trauma. it is basically caused by fear which in turn is caused by change and scent.

the best thing to do is to help your cat re build there confidence with each other in an atmosphere of calm and safety. for this I recommend the introduction process, yes it can take time and patience but is worth it in the end.
the process is described here

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.