Cats/missing cat

i have a two year old male neutered cat 6 weeks ago he went missing i have made calls to the local services and vets but no sign i was told by a friend that this is quite common for male cats at this time of year. is this correct if so is there a chance he may return or is he gone for good? i love my cats and miss yayo very much i just want to be able to put my mind at rest any information you can give me on this matter would be very much appreciated. thank you. emma

well it all depends on the cat really. Some cats are natural wanderers. And even though he is neutered they still are very inquisitive and want to explore and mark there territory. So yes he may just be off on a road trip.

i have heard of cats doing this and retuning quite some time later. All I can say is that if they can return and had a happy home with you then there is no reason for them not too.

i have a web page which has some information about what to do when you loss a cat, it may be of further help

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.