k youwhy does my cat drag her bottom along the floor,I have recently given worm tablets and flea drops. Thank you

often un spayed female cats will display this behaviour when they are on heat.

The other possibility is that they have some discomfort there, some cats get anal gland blockage, which is uncomfortable and sometimes painful. A vet needs to drain them if this is the case.

If your cat is spayed and the behaviour continues then perhaps a trip tot he vet might be the best option.

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.