Cats/Bad cat

I have an adorable 2yr old male orange tabby. However, sometimes he is mean and bites, hisses, scratches, and if i try to cut his nails hhe goes absolutely insane. He was adopted at 12 weeks but had no relationship with his mom after 2 weeks when he was found abandoned by the rescue. Sometimes he is so sweet and friendly, but sometimes not. We just got a new cat and don't k now how 2 introduce thm. What do you think?

I have a introduction method which helps cats to meet each other in a safe environment and it also helps them to build confidence in each other. here is the page about the process

As for the hissing etc you could try to discipline your cat every time they display this behaviour so that eventually they learn not to do it. However you must use the method described here as this is the way cats learn ie through negative and positive responses rather than any other discipline methods. here is the page about this here

Hope this helps

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.