Cats/Male Cat Behaviour

Question
Hi, I have an 11 year old cat who has just begun kneading and getting a bit over excited.  He has tried to hump my sons duvet and whilst settling on my daughters lap this evening tried to hump her too.

He has never displayed this sort of behaviour before, can you shed any light on what's going on with him?

Answer
Hi
you do not say whether or not he is neutered or not.

Although a male cat does not necessarily have to be intacked to display this sort of behavior. It could be a hormone imbalance which has caused this and has triggered the mating instinct behavior.

Because this is a recent thing to have happened I would suggest that he may need a trip to the vets just in case something like a hormone imbalance is causing him some problems.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth