Cats/Peeing in the bathroom

My cat has started to pee on the bathroom floor. This is a new behavior. He has been doing it for about a month. He does do his other buisness in the litter box. We have been changing his litter box everyday but he is still doing it. He is an old cat. I am not sure of his age 10-14 maybe. He is a pure bread Tonkinese. We have another cat who is 1 and a half and a Yorkie Terrier. Can you give me any advice?? Please and thank you.

There are two possible causes of this. either he has UTI or it is behavioural. because he does it one place it sounds more behavioural to me and that means that something must have started the behaviour off and now it may just be a learned behaviour.

I get asked about this sort of issue a lot so I put together a web page about this issue to explain further and also to give advice as to what to do about it.

here is the page i hope you find it useful

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.