Cats/age to alter siberian cat

I recebtly got a siberian kitten 3 months old.  Checking on web sites says to alter male young, but one breeders site says to wait until they are becoming mature to avoid not having well developed broad neck and shoulder muscles that add good looks to breed.

My breeder also said wait to get shots, then not all at the same time.  Could you please advise me.

as far as I am concerned cats can be neutered any where between 3 and 6 months of age but need to be done before sexual maturity kicks in. This has nothing to do with the particular breed.

I have several pages about cat neutering which you may find of help and more information here is the first page

Regarding the shots your vet is the best person to consult about the frequency of the vaccinations.

I also have a web page about vaccinations which you may also find of use

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.