Cats/cat constipation

Is pumpkin good for constipation in cats, and if so, whats the best way to give it?

yes it can be good for constipation it does rather depend on how bad or for how long they have been constipated for. Simply buy canned pumpkin and either see if they will eat it on its own or if not mix it with some of their usual food. Also try and encourage them ton drink plenty of fresh water.

i have a web page about cat constipation which you may find of further help here

If the constipation has been for some time they may need some medicine from the vets.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.