Cats/rapid eye movement

Susan wrote at 2011-07-26 22:43:13
I have a geriatric cat as well, but I'm the one with rapid uncontrollable eye movement as you describe.  It is accompanied by a tremor in the eye.  This may be hard to see on a cat, but much easier from the inside of a human.  I have been to three specialists so far and have gotten no answer.  It will be interesting what a vet says about this.  Perhaps it could apply to a human.

jo wrote at 2012-11-29 06:25:35

I had a cat that had the same symptoms some years ago about this time of year . This kitty also had a kitten with her. On awaking one morning I found her doing what you described with your kitty.She was fine the night before, and the kitten was fine! So off to the vets we went kitten included. They told me that they had seen this on rare accounts and really could not pin point what causes this , possibly bacterial. But when they had seen it , it was always in the fall / early winter months, as rare as it was.Now I am just going on what I was told, they said to contain her in a small area with the kitten to prevent her from hurting herself and that it would pass in 3- 7 days . Well it did and she and kitty are doing fine today,This hasnt happened for about 7 years now, But this evening my older male cat seems to be having similar symptoms that you expressed with your kitty, I am on this sight looking for the answer or some insight as you are. And will be going to the vets to see what they can tell us! If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated!! Thank you!

Cats

Norman Auspitz