Cats/giving medicine

Question
When I wrap my cat in a towel, and get ready tomgive him liquid medicine, I givw it to him with a syring. Then he retaliates by foaming spit at the mouth. Of course it is pink foam!!! Is he getting any of it or should I re dose him? He is such a good boy but I do have this problem of him spitting it back out, or that is what it looks like.

Thank you.

Answer
Hi
well as long as you are placing the syringe far back into the throat with his head facing up he should be getting the dose. I would not recommend repeating the dose. If you at all concerned then please speak to your vet who may be able to give the medicine in another form.

I have a web page about how to give cats medicine which you may find of further information.

/cat-first-aid.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth