Cats/ill kitten??

my 14 week old male kitten has its tong sticking out its mouth its dry the kitten was fine a few hours ago but now has his tong stuck out what can i do for him

try dabbing it with water to see if he pulls it back in and stays there. if not look inside his mouth to see if any teeth are missing at the front, he may be getting his adult teeth but is currently missing some which may affect him keeping his tongue in.

If this is not the cause them I would say that you will need to take him to the vets to have him checked over in case there is another physical or even neurological reason for this.

I hope he is Ok

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.