Cats/labour

Question
hi, my cat is giving birth to her first litter. she is a petite bsh x persian. she has been in labour for little over an hour now and is really struggling. we can see an ear and small bit of top of kittens head but she doesn't seem to have the energy to push. its like the kittens are to big for her. can you help please?

Answer
Hi
I'm sure that by the time you receive this email that your cat would have delivered her litter. It can take some time for them to deliver and is in extreme cases the kitten does get stuck then a vet should really be called to help as it can be rather delicate to try and ease the kitten out without causing harm to your cat. However I have known experienced cat owners to be able to do this too.

I hope all went well

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth