my cat is 9 years old and for the last 5 days keeps pooing behind my tv, she is let out all during the day and firt thing in the morning, why do you think she has started this?

well there are many possible reasons why this started. Basically unless she is ill in some way which it doesn't sound like as she is using the same place all the time, then it is caused by her needing to scent mark her territory for some reason.

The best thing I can advise is to ask you to read my page about this issue here

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.