Cats/pregnant cat

Question
My cat delivered two kittens on Tuesday during the night. When I woke up Wednesday morning the two kittens were dead. It appears that the mother cleaned them and took care of the umbilical cord. And both of the kittens did not look like they had anything apparently wrong with them. Since then she has been following me everywhere meowing and yesterday when I was rubbing her stomach I thought I could feel something inside of her still on both sides of her stomach. Is it possible for her to still have more kittens to give birth to? And if so, is it possible for those kittens to be born alive and healthy? Also, what could the possible reason be that the other kittens died? One was in the far corner of the box away from the mother and the other one was underneath the mothers head. Thank you

Answer
Hi
well i suppose it is possible that she may still have kittens in side her but it has been some time now between the first delivery.

As to why the kittens were born dead, well they may just not have developed properly internally, genetic problems like this are not uncommon.

i would however strongly recommend that you take your cat to the vets as soon as possible to have her looked at. She may have some problems inside. It is better to be on the safe side and make sure that your cat does not have any unseen problems which could develop into something. Also if you can still feel something inside then it's best to have this checked out too, she may still have some of the embryonic sack still inside.

i hope she is Ok

best wishes kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth