Cats/Found cat

I found a cat at a barn i go to and it is very skinny. I am feeding her some dry food in the morning and some canned wet food and a bit of dry food around fiveish. What can i give her to help her get some weight on her and how do i check for things like worms and ear mites. I want to make her as healthy as possible.

well just by feeding her a quality cat food (do not exceed the daily allowance on the can or this could create other problems for her)

I have a web site which is full of cat care advice re fleas and worms etc. i'm sure if you read through the site you will be able to look after this cat in the best possible way.

i would always recommend if at all possible to have her checked by a vet as soon as you can. if she was a stray she may have underlining illnesses etc. they will also be able to advise about spaying her and vaccinations etc.

here is by site

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.