Cats/Moving in With Someone New

I currently have two cats who are 9 %26 10 years old. They are used to being moved (once per year) and I have had them since they were 6 weeks old or less. I am anticipating moving in with my girlfriend in a few months and I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help acclimate the cats to the new residence.  This will be the first move where the furniture and people will not be the same as the previous location. I would just like to make it as easy as possible on my cats.

i think the best thing for me to do is to direct you to my web page about moving home with cats, it goes through the process and how to make it as easy for your cats as possible.

here is the page

best wishes and I hope goes well

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.