Cats/New kitten with older siamese

Question
My 9 year old femail neutered siamese lives with a jack russell terrier & three young teenagers- quite happily - never scratchy or hissy - what is the best way to introduce a new kitten to home? she has never had kittens in the past, she is just a lovely pet, but she has been diagniosed with an aggressive tumor, & I wanted to get a kitten familiar with the house rules etc and thought Cleo would perhaps do this as she is very clever! any tips?  

Answer
Hi
well the first thing would be to make sure that it is a male kitten, two non related females rarely get on.

Apart from that there is no best time but there is a way to introduce them so that they can get to know each other in a safe environment. Please see my page here

/introducing-cats.html

I have many pages on my site which you may find of further interest one of which may be helpful for the youngsters to know how to bond with the new kitten so that a bond of trust can be made.

/new-cat.html

I wish you all a happy Christmas and every success with your new kitten.

best wishes Kate
http;//www.our-happy-cat.com

Cats

Kate Tilmouth