Cats/cat box behavior

Question
After bringing home a stray kitten, one of my adult cats (an 8 year old spayed female) has been "pooping" in the floor. We've never had this problem before and I'm wondering if this behavior will stop after we have the male kitten neutered.

Answer
Hi
she is feeling threatened and so is using her poop as a strong scent indicator.

yes after he is neutered things should settle down more but it is also important that you introduce these two cats to each other in such a way as to build there confidence with each other in a non threatening way.

please see my page about this here

/introducing-cats.html

I also have a web page about middening (pooping around house) which you may be interested in for further information

/cat-poo.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth