Cats/kitty introductions

I have a 7 month old kitty in my house and we give her all the things she needs. but we recently adopted a stray cat and they wont get along.The first kitty we call her ling ling, wont get along with the new cat and the new cat is only 4 months old ling ling has also begun attacking the new kitty and they've already had a fight what do i do????

i don't know how you have introduced the cats to each other but it is very important that they are allowed time to get to know each other without the fear of attack etc.

i always recommend a period of introduction for a week or so.

please see this method on my web page  here

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.