Cats/male 1 yr old cat

how long does it last for a male cat thats in heat to get out of it?

Male cats are not like female cats and do not have a season i.e they do not go into heat although spring time they start to get extra frisky as female cats start to go into heat (for nine months)

So the answer is they are always ready to mate if the opportunity arises.

I have a page about cat neutering if you want to read more about the process and why it is a good idea etc. here is the page /neuter.html

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.