Cats/4 week old kitten

Question
I recently got a 4 week old kitten, i tried a cotton swab with warm water on it but I don't know if the kitten released its bladder. How do i know if the kitten is making urinary movements or bowel movements?

Answer
Hi
the best way is to keep an eye open for wet paper etc, apart from that if they are not going there tummies will get larger and become hard. they will also show signs of ill health by not eating or moving around uch, possibly crying more.

To be honest it is recommended that you put clean newspaper down after every bowel movement so that you know when they have been.

I have several web pages about looking fater a very young kitten such as yours, you may find the information there of interest. Here is the first page the rest are on the top right hand menu on that page

/kitten-care.html

best wishes KAte

Cats

Kate Tilmouth