My cat just had kittens this morning (about 3 hours ago) and the kittens are too cute. My question is how soon can I hold or touch the kittens?  The mother cat is very trusting and dosn't mind at all that we are in there looking at them and wanting to touch them.  I have read that if we touch them too much she could possibly eat them.  Is this true?

no this is not true of cats more rabbits, who may kill there kittens if touched by a human early on.

However I would say that you leave the kittens alone for as long as you can so that the bond between them and their mother is built. A day or so should be fine.

I have written several pages about kitten care etc which you may find of interest. here is the first page

best wishes and congratulations on your new furry family

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.