Cats/Post-natal cat behavior

Question
We took a pregnant stray in and she had her litter 2 days ago. Today, she began to pant and then vomited and had diarrhea. She was groaning and meowing very loud and pacing around.

Answer
Hi
she sounds rather ill and will need medical care from a vet. There is no way of knowing what is causing her sickness without a proper examination and some tests. But regardless of what is causing the problem she will need medication quickly.

Dehydration can take hold rather quickly if their is a lot of vomiting or diahrea. Make an appointment as soon as you can as her kittens will also begin to suffer if the mother cat is unwell.

Hope she is better soon

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth