Cats/Urination

Question
I have a cat who urinates outside the litterbox. He has picked 2 areas of the house where he does this. We have tried everything to help him with this but to no avail. We have also used odor eliminators to get rid of the smell. He just keeps going there. Physically he checks out fine.

What else can it be and what more can I do.

Answer
Hi
there several more things you can try.

Put something in the area to stop him getting at it and place something sticky around the bottom of it so that his paws get stuck (try a peice of card with double sided sticky tape on it.

You can also spray something very strong smelling like citrus spray.

if all else fails I don't know if you have tried the confinement process of litter training as described here

/cat-litter-box.html

best wishes kate  

Cats

Kate Tilmouth