Cats/baby kittens

our one year old cat is having kits now! sunday 1:15pm central daylight savings USA one is out with minimal problem, licked dry and sucking, mom is resting, and occasionaly gets up and repositions.  they are under our bed, she is not a 'house cat' but a visitor at times. she is very gentle and what do we do next.

the answer is simple. nothing. the mum cat will do it all. the only time you may need to get involved is if the mother cat rejects them or i you notice one is not reacting well and not trying to suckle in which case you need to get it to the vets.

i have several pages about kitten care which you may find of interest.

here is the first page

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.