Cats/my cat

Question
One week ago my cat gave birth to 7 babies.One being a runt died.She has thus far been feeding and taking good care of her babies.Until today.She hasn't been in to feed them and so I picked her up and took her to her babies so she could nurse them,but she is acting very weak and just not being her usual self.This concerns me.What do I need to do? Your help would be very much appreciated.
Sincerely,
Valarie

Answer
Hi
I would defiantely suggest that you get her to a vet to be checked over. Some mother cats can become ill due to either malnutrition or a infection caused either by some complication during birth or becuase of the energy it takes to feed all her kittens.

It is important that she is seen soon as her kittens will begin to suffer too if they cannot feed properly or her milk is lacking in nutrition etc.

I do hope she will be back to her old self soon and that the vet can help her quickly.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth