Cats/feline senility

Question
In your experience, is it typical of a cat with feline senility to often walk round and round, stand in corners and at times make that rather sad whining sound?  He is just over 14 yrs old and just recently had this behaviour. The vet says he is fine, just old and not in pain, but he is now becoming a danger to himself. As he wanders far out of normal territory and have found him just sitting in the road, he also fell in and got out of a filled swimming pool.  Would welcome any advice, thank you.

Answer
Hi
unfortunately yes it is. Some old cats can suffer from similar to dementia in old people. the symptoms you describe are consistent with that behaviour.

I have a web page about senior cats and the changes they go through which may be of interest to you here is the page
/senior-cat.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth