Cats/fur pulling

Question
I've just started to let my three cats out as I've moved to a new home a month ago, and in the last few days one has started to pull out his fur he did it in my last place but not as much as he is doing now what could it be.

Answer
Hello
Well cats do this for one of two reasons. Either they have some sort of parasite or skin allergy or they are stressed and are over grooming for comfort.

The first can only be diagnosed by a vet. The second can be diagnosed if changes have recently happened which may have caused your cat some stress. In your case this could well be the reason due to the recent move and the access to the outside world.

I have two pages on my web site which may be of further interest to you. One is about skin problems and the other is about nervous or anxious cats. Here are the links
/scared-cat.html
/cat-hair-loss.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth