Hi. My cat gave birth at 7.30 this morning she has been very good with them(2). She has now moved them to under the floorboards on the second floor. We can't see any of them. Please help as to what we should do.

Well at the moment i would say that you should do nothing at the moment. It is not unusual for a mother cat to move her kittens to  area she feels is more secure. She may even decide to move them again.

If in  day or so you are worried about them you could try and lift the boards to get at them but for the moment let her bond with the kittens and as long as she is feeding them etc all should be well.

I have several pages about kitten care which you may find of interest here is the first page

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.