Hi i am hand rearing 3 kittens that are now approx 4 weeks i was advised by the vet to stop feeding them lactol at 5 weeks because they produce an enzyme that breaks the milk down i have had the kittens since a few days old and they r doing well so far i would like to know how to go about weaning and whats the best way to do it ive never done this before so have no clue and dont want to rush them thanks for your time.

the best thing i can suggest is to ask you to red my web page about kitten weaning. It should be able to provide all the answers you need. here is the page

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.