Cats/Cat sudden behavior change, withdrawal

Question
Our cat Kitty is 3 years old, has feline leukemia but so far has been healthy.  Just in the last 2 days she has been going under the bed and withdrawing instead of sleeping on our bed as she always has, she seems withdrawn-we are going on a trip in a few days and I am concerned.

Any advice?

Answer
Hi
Well some cats can sense when something is about to happen or change and your cat may just be sensing that you are going away on a trip. I.e packing etc. Try to make sure she has lots of things to keep her stimulated and distracted from the changes while you re away. She probably already has toys etc but something new might keep her attention at this time.

As long as she is well in other ways such as eating and drinking and using the litter tray as normal then i wouldn't worry too much. But if you see any other changes then it may be an idea to put your mind at rest and have her looked at by the vet. At least that way you won't be worrying the whole time.

Also make sure that whoever is looking after her while you are away that they are aware of your concerns and ask them to pay special attention in case something happens while you are away. Make sure they have your contact details and know the details of the local vet too.

Hope you have a good trip and that your kitty will  be back to her normal self on your return.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth