Cats/EYES!

Question
whenever my cats wakes up he seems to get a small amount of gunge under his eye and sleep. I know sleep is probably normal but i wonder whether the gunge is something to worry about. we are putting warm salty water on it. should this help? THANK YOU

Answer
Hi
You did not mention how old your cat was. I ask because as cats get older they can start to get little weepy eyes. My own cat does now and she 15+, we always have to wipe her eyes to remove the gunge.

Of course, if it is more excessive then he may have a little eye infection that would need some treatment. But the only way to know for sure is to check with your vet.

i do have a web page on my site about common eye problems which you may find of interest also
/cat-eye-problems.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth