Cats/Kitten constipation

I have a 2 and a half week old kitten that i have had to hand rear due to being abandoned she is fine when it comes to eating and sleeping and peeing but she wont go poop. I have tried to have more water in her formula and keep stimulating her but still nothing it has been 4 days now and if you can't help I will take her to the vets tomorrow any advice??

please see my web page about cat constipation which has some tips as to how to help, but as you say sometimes only a vet can help.

here is the web page

Hope she is better soon. constipation is not uncommon and is usually short lived.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.