Cats/bad behaviour

Question
hello :) i have 3 cats (1 1/2 year old 9 months old and 2 months old) well the problem is my oldest cat is very grumpy to the 2 younger cats and to me as well.When i stroke him he gets mad its like he doesn't want anyone to stroke or touch him he is so grumpy.And when the 2 younger cats gets close to him he gets mad and scratches them and bite and i dont know what to do to discipline him
pls help me

Answer
Hi
well firstly let me say that you cannot and should not try to discipline a cat in the sense of the word for punishment.

instead it is important that the cats are allowed to become confident with each other in a safe environment.

often hissing, growling etc are signs of fear rather than aggression.

i don't know how the younger cats were introduced to your older cat but it may be a good idea to take a step back wards and introduce the cats to each other again using the process on my web page about cat introductions here
/introducing-cats.html

Also as your cat sounds a little unsure of your relationship with him, it may also be a good idea to try some bonding with your cat. Again I have another web page about this process too
/new-cat.html

The whole process might take some time but it has to be done at your cats pace otherwise he will just become more afraid and more aggressive.

it is also important to make sure that your cat has no underlining illness that may also make him grumpy. A cat in pain or discomfort will often lash out, so it may also be a good idea to have your cat checked over by a vet to rule out any health problems.

Hope my pages etc help you all soon.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth