Cats/cats in heat

Question
I have 2 cats both are females. my orange cat chynna is spayed but the other one isn't. my cat star is in heat and we recently found a puddle of pee on the floor.  I don't think chynna would pee on the floor because she is very good a bout going in the litter.I know female cats spray vertical surfaces, but do they pee on the floor?

Answer
Hi
well this is a difficult to answer. yes sometimes a cat would urinate on the floor if they had a urinary infection or were trying to scent mark a open area. So whether in this case it is scent marking or a infection is difficult to say.

There are other symptoms if there were an infection. Please see my web page about this here
/cat-urinary-problems.html

I would not totally rule out your spayed cat, as even if she normally uses her litter tray there are occasional which could prompt this sort of behaviour and your other cat being in heat may be a trigger for your other cat to feel the need to leave her mark as it were.

I have a general page about what can cause this issue also here
/cat-urine.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth