Cats/feline birthing

Question
My cat is VERY pregnant and has been gone for over three days. I was unable to find her at shelters.  Friends say she went to have the babies.  How long will she stay gone?  What about food and when will she bring the babies home?  Please help as I am panicking..  Thank You for your time and consideration.
Kelley

Answer
Hi
Hopefully by the time you receive my response your cat may have returned home.

It is not uncommon for a pregnant cat to take herself off to have her kittens where she wants. Cats are very resourceful at finding shelter and food and would not have taken herself to somewhere where she was not able to get these things, so take heart in that.

Once she has had her kittens and feels happy about the whole situation , I'm sure she will return home and will probably bring her babies with her too.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth