Cats/moving with cats

We are moving to a home, with our 6 cats, that will have been occupied by other cats. Do we need to worry about spraying? We have 4 neutered males and 2 spayed females. What is the typical adjustment time for these things?

i think the best way for me to answer this question is to ask you to read my web page about moving with cats. It takes you through the process of moving that will make easier for your cats to adjust to their new home.

Although I would say that with six cats and also the possibility that the new home will smell like different cats you may have your work cut out for a while. You will have to try and clean around as much as possible before you let your cats have free roam of the house. Bicarbonate of soda is a good deodoriser and if sprinkled around may help to remove the scent of the other cats.

Any way here is my web page about moving with cats

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.