Cats/new persian kitten

Question
hi
I've recently bought a persian tortie kitten. She has been given 2 vaccinations to date.
Im not sure if im paranoid ive put 2 collars on her, loosley, one lfea deterrent and one normal collar, but sometimes i catch her scratching her neck. Im worried she may have fleas but i could be over-reacting. I've alreay powered her coat with flea powder. Do kittens sometimes scratch themselves if they have no fleas? And she shakes her coat, is she shaking something off? Also since she is a kitten I havew noticed she has some dry scalp when i brush her fur, is this normal?

thank you for your time and help

regards
siew

Answer
Hi
Sometimes cats can have an allergic reaction to flea collars. My own cat cannot wear one.

The best way to make sure your cat remains flea free is to use one of the spot on fleas treatments rather than a collar. you only have to apply it once a month.

the best spot on is only available form your vets and is the most affective, it also gives your cat protection against some forms of worms too.

My opinion would be to get the vet to check her skin and see if he would recommend the spot on treatment for your kitten rather than a collar.

I have some web pages about fleas and worms etc which you may find of further information
/cat-fleas.html

/cat-worms.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth