Cats/pooing

Question
one of my cats messed in the kitchen last night which i thought was an accident as he has never done this before,
but today he has gone in the same place even thought the back door is open he is 16 months old

Answer
Hi
this can be a complicated issue. if your cat is not ill which it sounds likes he is not if he has gone in the same place then it is behavioural.

The back door area is a classic place for this to happen as the smell of another cat outside may be detectable to him.

Any way as I say this can be a complicated issue, So I have written a web page about this issue (middening) as an aid to cat owners. Hope it helps, here is the page
/cat-poo.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth