Cats/Cats

Question
Hi! About two weeks ago, we got our three male cats neutered. They recovered nicely, and were climbing stairs and jumping barely 12 hours after surgery! I was wondering, though. Do male cats tend to go through the motions of trying to mate? I was just curious. Thanks!

Answer
Hi
well once the hormones in their bodies have dropped after surgery they will no longer have the urge to mate.

However having said that sometimes instinct catches them out and it has been known for even neutered male cats from time to time to look as if they are trying to mate with something, but it is very infrequent if at all.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth