Cats/Feeding

Question
A couple of years ago we took in a starving, half-grown cat that people had left in a snowbank. This little cat didn't know when to stop eating, she was so starved and put on a lot of weight. Soon after we got her our older cat was diagnosed as being diabetic and put on a straight, strict regime and injections. Whe was feed the same way and lost some of her weight. She also tends to get constipated and we were told not to feed dry food because she doesn't drink. We recently lost him and I am now at a loss on how to feed our little 'left-over'. I have read that cats should have food available at all times but how can you do that if you can't feed dry food? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hi
I know feeding can sometimes be difficult as like babies when they cry for food it is hard to say no.

we had issues with our little cat when we first got her and had to put her on a diet of only dry food which made her drink more water and stopped her urine infections which she was getting over and over. Now she is fed both wet and dry food together.

Any way with your cat, it is not necessary to have food available all day especially if you need to keep your cat on a special diet, so don't worry about that.

Just feed your cat at regular intervals so that they get use to a routine. Use the advice on the back of the food as a guide for how much to feed but feeding a little more if necessary is Ok too if you feel that the cat requires a little more. basically normal common sense is ll that is needed.

i have written some pages about cat food and feeding etc and also I have one about cat constipation which you may also find of interest. here they are
/cat-food.html
/cat-constipation.html

best wishes Kate
http;//www.our-happy-cat.com

Cats

Kate Tilmouth