Cats/behavior question

I have a one year old neutered male Siamese mix. In bed at night he will purr & knead on me, and  hiss twice, then lie down & nap. I've had cats all my life & never seen this  behavior. Do you have any idea what's going on?

well the kneading and purring sound perfectly normal behaviour, in fact my own cat does this every night. As for the hissing, well I would put this down to the Siamese breed, they can be a little more vocal and eccentric i think that other cats. i would just put that down to his own unique character, it doesn't sound like it means anything. perhaps goodnight?

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.