Cats/missing tom cat

my male cat louis has never strayed from home but has suddenly gone missing now for 2 days. everyone keeps telling me not to worry as he is a tom and they all go missing sometimes when in mating season. i have looked for him everywhere but to no avail and am very upset. please could you give me some advice

thank you

yes this can happen from time to time and 2 days is by far not a long time. Indeed my sisters cat went missing for 9 days and then just turned up again, so please do not give up hope just yet.

My best advice is to ask you to take a look at at my web page about what to do when you loose a cat. here is the page

best wishes and I hope he returns soon

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.