my cat seems healthy but over the last few weeks hes been losing his whiskers, Im worried that he could get caught somewhere's. He lost of his large one in one week, should I be scared, please help  

I wouldn't worry. Cat whiskers are really only the same as cat hair but much thicker. And like cat hair they can shed them from time to time. It may just be that a couple have come out at the same time. They will grow back over time.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.