Cats/Cat attacking Feet

Question
Stray cat now 9/10 months old turned up a 3 months ago, and we decided to keep her after no one claimed her. But inlast month got really agreesive and is attacking feet and ankles sometimes when we are just standing still. It is getting nasty. Also attacks older cat of ours and dog. Don't know if it is just play or not, but is really starting to hurt.

Answer
Hi
yes sounds like play but unfortunately inappropriate playing.

i have a web page about cat discipline which goes through the process of positive and negative reactions to things i.e attacking feet, and is a good way to teach a cat which is good and bad behaviour.

here is the page

/cat-discipline.html

Give this a go every time he does this be consistent with this and over time he should get the message. also play games with them with toys (never fingers or hands) and he will learn that play time is much more fun with toys than your feet.

best wishes Kate  

Cats

Kate Tilmouth