Do craked paw pads hurt the cat in any way-would it be painful for the cats?

well I wouldn't think it would be very comfortable.
Make sure your cat is getting good quality food so that he is getting all the nutrients they need to keep them in top condition.

If the pads are badly cracked then it may be worth checking with the vet to see if there is anything you can put on them or if there are other conditions that would cause this.

I must admit I haven;t really come across cracked paw pads before as all my cats regardless of age have had smooth soft looking paws even though they are out side a lot of the time.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.