Cats/Cats rectrum is bleeding

Question
Hi there i have a 11 month old kitten she has not been sprayed and has been outside but tonight i noticed her rectum was bleeding (but not heavily). She has been in her tray looking like she is pushing something out but nothing happens. When i touch her stomach she also crys a little. She seems like she is in discomfort. Is this just a bad case of heat or should she be taken to the vet??

Thanks

Answer
Hi
well unfortunately it is difficult to say for sure as yes it is possible that she is having her first heat, however if you say she is straining then there may be a blockage due to constipation etc and this should definitely be seen by a vet.

I have a web page about cat constipation which you may find of further interest here

/cat-constipation.html

If it were me I think I would take her to the vets to have her checked out just for my own piece of mind.

i hope she is better soon

best wishes Kate  

Cats

Kate Tilmouth