Cats/Kitten with sensitive stomach

Question
I picked up my new kitten last Tuesday,he is a moggy as such even though his mum is half Maine Coon. Tigger is his name was fine until Sunday when he vomited and had diarrhea. He originally came to us on Whiskers kitten food which I weaned him off and put him on Hi-life kitten pouches and dry Royal Canin Babycat. I have not given him  any Royal Canin since Monday hoping that maybe the food was to rich and that it would sort it self out. His feces is pasty in consistency not solid. He was sick again this morning as well. I've heard through the grapevine that cats that have Maine Coon in them have sensitive tummies. Is that true or not? Tigger is 10 wks old today. My other kitten no relation to Tigger is fine she is doing great, Pepper will be 12 wks old on Sunday. Not sure what the best thing to do for Tigger is any suggestions, would appreciate your advice. Thankyou ?

Answer
Hi
the combination of new surroundings and a cahnge in food could be enough to cause these symptoms.

Try a few days of very plain food such as boiled chicken and just a little of it. It will allow his systme to calm down. Then increase his food gradually making sure thta the food is not too rich.

See this page for more info
/cat-vomiting.html

If he is still the same after two more days then a trip to the vets will be advisable as dehydration can be quick and very dangerous especailly for a kitten,

Hope he is better soon
bets wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth